Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Steroids!

As some of you know I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease this past March. If you don't know what that is, and I'm giving the nice version, it's basically a lot of cramps and abdominal pain and plenty of trips to the bathroom. It's been down right horrible at times and I am working really hard to try and stay positive while my doc tries a bunch of meds to get me in remission. The worst thing I could do is stay home all the time because it's a vicious cycle of not going anywhere and getting depressed and not wanting to do anything. I found that out fast when I first got diagnosed and it was bad. I didn't want to go anywhere. Just thinking about going to the grocery store would get my anxiety going. Anyway, this past weekend I got hit with a really bad flare up. Of coarse being a holiday weekend I couldn't call my doctor until Tuesday morning. Thankfully he got me in yesterday afternoon and prescribed me new meds. Steroids...the drug I didn't want to take. And not the GOOD steroids, he put me on Pregnasone. Which means I am going to gain weight, become an insomniac and be bitchy and irritable all the time....lol. No, I'm joking, well I hope I am:P I have to take the Pregnasone for 2 weeks and then switch to the GOOD steroid to try and "trick" my body into thinking I'm okay. He also up'd my Liadla to 2 pills a day also. So, what does all this do....I woke up pain free this morning for the first time in almost 3 months. I just got a little teary thinking about that. So I am really hopeful that this combo of meds is going to work.
Oh, with the way he has my meds working, it means Jason and I can keep trying for our 2nd baby. The lialda and endocort are both on the type 2 drug list which basically means that no reports of anything bad have been reported for these drugs in pregnant woman. I also talked to my doc yesterday about this and he said that most of his patients go into remission while pregnant. Which makes me think that's when I did too. Even though I didn't get diagnosed with Crohn's until this past year, I was misdiagnosed with IBS before I got pregnant with Jaiden. When I got pregnant all my "IBS" symptoms went away. I am hoping this happens with the next one too.

Now, on a side note, I found a new show for Jaiden to watch....Clifford the Big Red Dog. She sat and watched it the whole time I have been writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment