Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 4

My parents are awesome. My mom is amazing and would do anything for me. We butted heads the majority of my teen years but she is now one of my best friends. We cant go more than 2 days with calling each other..lol. I appreciate her so much more now that I am a mother too. The sacrifices she made for us when we were little do not go unnoticed now. I pray that I have the same relationship with my daughters that my mom and I have.

I am lucky enough to have two dads! I find that my real dad and I are very much alike in the way that we think and speak. I am not known for choosing my words wisely and I call it like I see it. Yes, it bites me in the ass sometimes but it's real! He taught me to stand up for myself and to ask questions. I love him for that.

Dad #2 raised me right along with my mom. He is what a "step" parent should be. He was there when we were sick, needed a hug, or a second story before bed. There was never any favoritism or special treatment between us and our brother and sister, we are all his kids, blood or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment