I know, I know, another diet.....
This one is different, this one is helping me control the symptoms of my Crohn's Disease. I am getting so tired of being tired. Not a day goes by where I don't need a nap, my stomach aches were coming back way too often and my joints were starting to swell again. There is nothing worse than trying to check on your babies at night and you have to sit on the side of your bed for a good 2 minutes because your body hurts so bad you cant move.
So instead of going to get put on more medications, which all the crappy side effects, I am trying the natural approach. The book is actually written by a man that suffers from Crohn's and the meal plan is based off the food eaten in the Bible. Nothing processed, no pork, no refined sugar, basically I can eat anything I want as long as it comes from a plant or animal. Kind of like Adkins but he wants you to go organic.
I thought it was a crock about the difference between organic and normal food until I did a little research, lets just say there a a few foods that I will never buy again unless they are organic. Anyway, I am on Day 5 and so far so good. Between the food plan and the supplements I am taking, I feel better each day. I know it's not a quick fix like the meds are, but if this can keep me almost medication free I am all for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I saw something about this diet not too long ago! Was thinking about trying it for myself. Glad you are having success so early, makes it easier to keep it up!
ReplyDelete