Thursday, July 14, 2011

Where to start......

Oh...where to start?!?! We have had a rough 2 weeks with all the sickies in my house. What I thought was allergies was actually colds...that we all got. Last Tuesday I had planned on putting the girls in daycare to finish some homework. I dropped Jade off but kept Livie with me because she felt warm. I got home, took her temp and it was 102. Livie has only ever had one fever so I knew it was something. We went to the clinic and she had a sinus infection...left overs from the ear infection a week previously. Why they dont give kids meds that kill all I will never know. Anyway, as we were waiting at the pharmacy for her meds she starting gagging and I though she was just sticking her fingers too far in her mouth. When I looked at her though she was gagging then crying, then she started shivering. By the time I got her out of her stroller she was having a full-out seizure. I have never been so scared in my life. I ran to the peds clinic(20 feet away) and they told me what to do and were talking care of her. I know it was just protocol but to hear a Code Blue being called on your baby is terrifying. It turns out it was a febrile seizure, caused by her temp rising too quickly and now that shes had one, there is a 60% chance she'll have another the next time she gets a fever. She's doing great though, by the time we left the ER that night you'd think nothing had happened to her.

So, week 2, Jade spiked a 104.8 fever Sunday night. Of course I freak out because of what just happened to Olivia. Two days later I still cant break it so back to the clinic we go. She has strep and the dr. told us to come back on Thursday if it doesn't break completely. Last night it spiked again to 104 and at 5am it was back to 104.8....what the hell is going on?? Back to the clinic to we go and on top of having strep she has a viral throat infection that we cant do anything for. So the poor girls 3rd birthday party has been cancelled and she is heartbroken.

After these couple weeks I either need a vacation or a few beers. Anyway, on to happier times, I signed up for my final 4 classes for my bachelors degree and we have our family photo shoot coming up. I cant wait!

1 comment:

  1. omg amber how scary. so glad she's ok. hope you all start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete