Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The past few weeks.

Well, Christmas was wonderful! We spent our holidays in Canada with my family and had a great time. It was really hard leaving though because I dont know the next time we will go back=(

Now that school is over I have a ton of time on my hands, and Im being a lazy bum. Sometimes I think Ive earned it;) Not much is going on. We move in 60 days, which seems completely unreal to me. After being here for 4 1/2 yrs, it's finally our time to move on. I know my civilian friends wont understand this, but we count our time down in order of who moves next. Or, at least, I do. We have one friend left to move, then its our turn.

Jade is super excited to move and asks everyone she knows if the want to come to San Diego with us=) We've told her about the beach and going to Sea World...the zoo and the trampoline we are getting for the back-yard. It makes me sad though because she doesnt realize that we wont come back here. I think she thinks thats its a vacation. I have been researching pre-schools and Im hoping to get her into the one Ive found. Its a Pre-K program that mirrors their Kindergarten.

I am super excited to have nice weather and I cant stop planning out what I want our new home to look like! After living with white walls for 4 yrs, I will be happy with some color and our country chic design. I hate how empty me house is feeling right now. I know its still 2 months away, but Im slowly going though everything and I cannot believe how much junk I have! Way too much to take with us...Salvo is getting some really great stuff.

I am going to miss this place though. I never thought I'd say that, but I like hearing Taps at night and listening to the new recruits chant. We are told that "Home is where the Navy sends you", and that is so true. As long as I have my loving husband and girls beside me, home is were we lay our heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment